26.12.16

RIP Sandy Wilson

I was very sorry to hear the sad news that my old friend Sandy Wilson had passed away from cancer on December 18th. He was a fellow photographer who I met during my time down in Cornwall when he would come down on holiday with his wife Rosemary. When he went digital he very kindly gave me his darkroom enlarger. It was brilliant timing as my old enlarger had just stopped working.

It was through this act of kindness that I was allowed to continue printing in my basement darkroom, and for that I will always be eternally grateful to him. This was the first photograph I printed up using the 'new' enlarger, so I sent Sandy a print of it. I am still using the enlarger to this day and every time I print a new picture I always think of him.

Thank you Sandy.

Rest in Peace my friend.

(Photo: Old Car, Penzance, Cornwall, 2008.)


© Nik Strangelove

No comments:

Post a Comment